It all started back in 2010 with a group of guys who were committed to riding their motorcycles out to Uluru. They had no idea the great dream God was going to birth in their hearts. It was on this 12-day ride that God inspired an idea to use Christian men and motorcycles and even gave the name of Connect Riders. Travelling over 5000kms together created a space to begin formulating and imagining what a motorcycle ministry might look like. Since then, Connect Riders has seen many people come, ride, experience brotherhood in real ways and create so many lasting and meaningful memories. Thank you God for humble beginnings and for starting this journey that still continues today in the heart of Connect Riders Inc.
“What moth and rust cannot destroy” (Matthew 6:19)
Three things that every patch wearing Connect Rider must know:
1. It’s not about the bikes and this is not a club. We are a group of guys that care more about ‘how’ a guy is doing in life than what kind of bike or car he has, things that really matter. We want to help men on a journey towards health in every part of life. We genuinely believe that a relationship with God, a positive connection with other riders in our community, and a sense of purpose are things we all need to create genuine health. We will stand together as brothers and support each other through every circumstance of life, well beyond the motorcycles, “what moth and rust cannot destroy.”
2. The symbol at the core of our logo represents God: The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. He has always been at the core of this group and shall remain so. It was our commitment to doing what he asked that saw this group be formed and become what it is today and we will remain faithful to that mandate. This group is proof of what God can do when we are faithful to the purposes He has for each and every one of us.
3. Connect Riders Inc. is a Christian Motorcycle Ministry and we believe that our rides create opportunities for us to connect with others. While we love the ride, we believe it is important for us to make the most of the opportunity that God has given us to get to know the guys and so we make that a priority.
Requirements for wearing the patch:
This is a public pledge of allegiance to uphold and honor all that CONNECT RIDERS INC stands for, the message, and the values.
You do not need to be living a Christian lifestyle, however you must protect the testimony of the group and promote its biblical heritage.
You must have ridden with the group on more than 12 rides, have done an annual ride, attend rider nights regularly and have demonstrated that you abide by the code.
- The code:
- All men are welcome.
- We treat each other with dignity & respect.
- Obey the road rules.
- Motorcycles can be dangerous; you ride at your own risk.
- No one gets left behind.
- Always make an effort to connect with new riders.
- Breaking the code initiates a penalty suspension period.
- So by requesting to wear the CONNECT RIDERS INC. patch, you are committing to uphold the code and journey with us.